U.I.R. – Unione Interporti Riuniti is the national association representing all the Italian Freight Villages. Created in December 2003, it is currently chaired by Mr. Matteo Gasparato and can count on 23 members across Italy.
U.I.R. is the only association, among those representing the Multimodal Terminals, guaranteeing the neutral role in the transport and logistics supply chain. The members provide:
- 32 Million sq.m. of logistics services
- 3 Million sq.m. of Rail/Road terminal (intermodal and conventional)
- 5 Million sq.m. of warehouses
- 200 transport and logistics companies located inside the Freight Villages, with more than 20.000 employees
- 50000 trains arrived/departed in 2020, for a total of 65 million tonnes of handled goods, (more than 2 million of TEU).
Servicios que ofrecemos
U.I.R.’s main goal is to consolidate and develop intermodal transport and sustainable logistics by promoting synergies and stable interaction between freight villages themselves, ports, and other public and private bodies involved in this business. For these reasons, U.I.R joined Europlatforms EEIG (European Association of Freight Villages) and the two main Italian Confederations, Federtrasporto and Confetra.